Many boats have a specialized carpet for their base. There are various types of carpets available for different purposes. However, when it comes to choosing by boaters for their adventures offshore, marine carpets need to be an option
Marine carpets are carpets that are designed especially for boats. This is advisable for all types of boats owing to their specific properties. There is no other safer or more durable alternative to marine carpets. The boat will be less slippery and provide safer adventure.
They reflect each boater’s individual preferences and style. Marine carpets come with varying degrees of durability, resistance, strength, and comfort.
Marine Carpet, also known as indoor-outdoor carpet, is a versatile carpet for domestic and commercial use. Owing to its water-resistance qualities, boat carpet is a major commodity on the water and water sports-related activities. The excellent manufacturing technologies and quality is testimony to its wide usage.
With technology advancing and altering at a lightning speed, marine carpets and their quality has improved drastically. Modern materials, high-quality fibers, and the latest techniques of manufacturing have all contributed to good quality Marine carpets out there in the market.
Durability of Marine Carpet
Marine carpets and their make is such that it causes the least wear and tear. High durability and good resistance properties are major factors for its high sale and usage across the world.
From a usability point of view, it looks great and is used for style, safety, and comfort. They are low on maintenance. Marine carpets are stain-resistant which makes it a user-friendly product largely and preferred by boaters.
In addition to that, it is durable for its needle punch technology, which gives it a sturdy outlook. The fact that they are water and stain-resistant comes from the water and moisture repellent feature of synthetic fibers. Its quick-drying characteristic makes it the best choice for boaters.
Choosing the best marine carpet for your boating expedition can be tough and time taking. The wide options can be quite confusing too. You must have an eye for choosing the best marine carpet, which offers features such as UV stability, water resistance, stain resistance, and is low on maintenance and care. UV stability is important in Marine carpets used for boating purposes; as such, marine carpets remain exposed to the sun most of the day, which can hamper the quality of inferior quality carpets. Also, these days environmentally friendly marine carpets are in vogue. They are preferred over others.
Specifically designed and manufactured for the unpredictable and harsh Australian weather conditions, marine carpets are made of high raw fibers for extra durability and less environmental pressure.
Where to Use Marine Carpet
While marine carpets are used for boating, they can be used in a variety of other ways such as:
· Domestic use – Rumpus rooms, Gyms, Garages, Patios, Pergolas, Balcony, Sunrooms, Entrance Matting, Shed, Ramps, etc.
· Commercial purpose - Shops/Retail, Offices, Showrooms, Stair Wells, Gyms, Displays, Exhibition, Education, Entrance Matting, Temporary flooring,
· Marine use – Commercial & Pleasure boats, Pontoons & Jetties, Hull & Wall Lining.
· Others - Automotive, Health & Aged, Sports & Leisure, Hospitality/Education, etc.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing
In general, all marine carpets are known for their common characteristics, which make them stand apart from usual carpeting products. Here is an important list of features for marine carpets that you must know before making your next purchase.
1. Its water and stain resistance makes it difficult for marine carpets to rot or spoiled.
2. They are highly easy to maintain and care for.
3. They are manufactured from solution-dyed polypropylene fibers.
4. The carpets have a stain-resistant substance, which makes it highly durable.
5. Marine carpets are available in markets in varied and diverse color ranges and styles.
6. Common colors of marine carpets include grey, blue, green, brown, mauve & red. Choose a preferred style and color.
7. While they can be plain, the marine carpet also comes in self-textured prints.
8. Their width varies anywhere between 3.3mm to 7.5mm in thickness.
9. Marine carpets are made of fire retardant materials.
10. They are feasible options for commercial, domestic and other uses.
11. Boaters prefer marine carpets for their non-rot properties.
12. Marine carpets are anti-static. They are static neutral. This is important around water.
13. They can be customized in most cases for boaters to suit their boat specifications and to match the bunk trailers.
14. They are highly resistant to moisture, mold & mildew.
15. Due to the nature of use, most manufacturers give reasonable product warranty.
16.No fuzzing or pilling.
17. Marine carpets are fade resistance & ultraviolet resistant.
18. High-quality rubber backing makes then highly recommended and durable.
19. Supports traction, which reduces accidents from slipping and falling.
20. Marine carpets are also useful for indoor usage.
The thickness of a marine carpet is an important factor. Its density is determined by the thickness of the fibers it constitutes. How the fibers have been tightly packed also influences the overall quality of the marine carpet. A boater must check how heavy and thick the marine carpet is, before deciding to buy. This is because the thicker the carpet, the less prone it gets to crushing and thereby, increasing the ease of use.
Another quick and most popular trick to check the quality of a marine carpet is to see the reverse side of it. The backing of a marine carpet, if seen easily indicates a low-density carpet. Low density generally implies a low-quality marine carpet unfit for boaters’ usage. The face weight of a marine carpet should also be of standard limits.
Marine boats are great at protecting and safeguarding the exposed surface of the boats. High sea tides, rapid water gushes and unpredictable fatal accidents at sea require highly water-resistant and durable carpeting with high-quality glue, which can offer safety at times needed.
Boaters must be aware of the nitty-gritty details of the marine carpet before selecting one. The ultimate guide provided above can help in knowing which marine carpets features are important before buying.